Advanced Cognitive Enhancement (ACE) Clinics is a Toronto-based ADHD treatment facility that specializes in assessing and treating children and adults who struggle with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. They also expertly treat individuals suffering from a wide variety of other cognitive and learning disabilities like dyslexia, central auditory processing disorder, dyscalculia, dyspraxia, visual processing disorder, dysgraphia, Asperger’s syndrome and more. After nearly 25 years of industry leadership and cultivating thousands of patients’ success stories, ACE Clinics remains steadfastly committed to improving the lives of its clients and their families.
- First, the client completes the intake forms, providing ACE Clinics with more information about the situation at hand.
- Secondly, the client participates in a clinical interview. During this conversation, patients communicate the current problems and how they affect everyday life. If the client is a child or legal minor, the parent is invited to join the interview so that the clinician can more fully understand the difficulties that need to be addressed.
- The next step is a specialized EEG Assessment. This is a 100% safe test that assesses the frontal part of the brain responsible for processing information properly.
- Afterwards, ACE Clinics tests a series of cognitive skills to identify areas of weakness. This will point out to possible difficulties in processing visual and auditory (listening) information, how fast and effective they process, and how well they can use their memory capacity to process information effectively.
- Next, the assessment will determine how easy or difficult it would be to train the client to make the necessary changes based on advanced neuroplasticity principles. The clinician will use this information to recommend the best treatment.
- Finally, a summary of the findings is provided accompanied with specific recommendations. Clients are provided the necessary information to make the best decision for their course of treatment.
ACE Clinics’ clients report dramatic and lasting improvements in terms of attention, concentration, memory and information processing, learning as well as significant reductions in symptoms associated with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), learning disabilities, memory disorders, auditory process disorders (CAP), sensory motor disorder (SPD), Asperger’s syndrome, autism, and more. Clients also report significant improvement in stress and anxiety levels, better able to make sound decisions, prioritize and organize their thought process and accomplish their ultimate goals in life.
Bob Gottfried, PhD, guides the clinic’s leadership. With well over two decades of professional experience as a therapist, his work emphasizes neuro-cognitive treatment methods for attention, memory, learning, stress, and anxiety disorders. A pioneer in the field of advanced technologies like biofeedback and neurofeedback, Bob developed patented treatment programs based on advanced principles of neuroplasticity to better the lives of his patients that define the ACE Clinics approach to this day. Bob’s team at ACE Clinics stays on the cutting edge by continuously investing in research and development. They are proud to offer one of the highest rates of success in the field.
The first step on the path to improvement is scheduling an appointment to complete a highly specialized assessment for ADD/ADHD/LD. The initial consultation is critical in assessing the specific conditions and beginning to shape the proper recommendations for treatment.
The assessment includes 6 steps: